Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I met Emmylou Harris

Last night was our big annual fundraiser at Park Center, "How About Dinner & A Movie?" I volunteered to work it, and Nathan came as my guest.... it was a lot of fun, and the whole event made me so proud to be a part of this organization & proud of the work I do every day. We had a HUGE silent auction, with about 60 amazing donated gift items. There were some really killer items, including some beautiful art pieces from local artists & from Park Center members. Aside from the silent auction, there was a tasty dinner, some honoring of Emmylou Harris for her work in the community, and a movie chosen by Emmylou herself. The whole shabang was held at the Belcourt Theatre. Oh it was a very fun evening.

And, as a side note, I got to meet Emmylou Harris & have a conversation with her. Pretty cool, huh?

It was kind of surreal to be in an auditorium full of Nashville do-gooders who care about what I do on a daily basis & want to support our work & our amazing members. That realization, plus several glasses of complimentary wine, and I was on cloud-nine. It was absolutely worth the 14-hour work day.

I love my job.

Hubby came to support.

No comments: