Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I would like to take a moment to reflect upon how overwhelmingly proud I am of my boyfriend Nathan.

Yesterday, he had his official Honors Thesis defense for his 100-page research paper on Modern Bohemianism. After a year & a half of hard work and dedication, Nathan finally got his thesis completed & passed. His thesis committee seems to only have good things to say about him & his work. I am just so impressed by this accomplishment, and I am so proud of all his hard work.

Today, he found out that he won an award from the Sociology Department.... and it has a small monetary award attached! He is being recognized by the faculty of the College of Arts and Sciences as an outstanding student.... wow!

Nathan is about to graduate after 4 years of incredibly hard work. I've known him the majority of his time at Belmont, but in the last year I have grown to know him better than probably anyone else does. I am constantly impressed by his perseverance and his positive attitude. I have hardly ever heard him complain, even while he was working 40+ hours a week, in school full time, and living in the most horrendous apartment in existence. In the midst of a tiring & busy life, he still found time to love and care for me, and for that I am so grateful.

Nathan has been accepted into Vanderbilt Divinity School for this fall... and with 60% tuition covered! I cannot believe that MY boyfriend is going to Vandy for GRAD SCHOOL. I feel like a grown up.... and I am just so amazed at how much he has accomplished at such a young age. He has already done such amazing things, and done it so gracefully and willingly. Nathan is one of the hardest working people I have ever known, and he is also the most loving, caring person I have ever known.

I am SO proud of this man. And I feel so beyond blessed to have him as such a central part of my life.

The talented Stephanie took this photo of us at Centennial Park!

No comments: