Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grandpop

Today is my darling grandpop's 87th birthday. I'm about to head to Murfreesboro to be with him and my family at the hospital. We found out yesterday that his heart is only pumping at 25%, so his organs are beginning to slow/stop functioning. We're looking into hospice options to make him happy and comfortable in his last days.

Please pray for my family, especially my grandmother.

My grandfather is one of the most genuinely kind, passionate, thoughtful, vibrant men I've ever known, and he is so deeply in love with his family. Today we celebrate the 87 wonderful years of John Sessoms's life, and what a life it has been. I really don't think he has any regrets. He seems like a truly happy person. And I can't wait to go see his precious smile.

Off to Murfreesboro.

No comments: