Thursday, March 18, 2010

Denver, please

Last night, I was looking through an information packet from Iliff School of Theology in Denver, CO, and I sort of fell in love. I would love so badly to go to this divinity school! They have some excellent programs that match my interests.... and they offer an MDIV (Master of Divinity) with a Justice and Peace Concentration, which can be paired with a Masters in Social Work from Univeristy of Denver (dual program). They're "committed to social change and diversity" .... plus, they're located in DENVER.


One thing I really like about Iliff that I wouldn't get at other div schools is that it is solely a graduate school. The only students I would be with would be graduate students, and it seems that they have a lot of older adult students. It would be really neat to be with a close community of students interested in the same thing as me, and I would LOVE to meet people with different backgrounds & different life experiences. That's something that's kind of hard to get at Belmont.

They also have some student organizations that I'm all about. There's a GLBT allies group, a woman's alliance, social change society, students of color group, etc. Everything about this school makes me want to go there. Plus, they're on quarters instead of semesters, which sounds awesome.

All I've got to do now is make it through my last year at Belmont, wait around Nashville for Nathan to finish Vanderbilt, and then make him move to Denver with me for 2 or 3 years while I go to a really awesome Divinity school. Sounds like a plan. But do I have enough patience to wait two more years!??!

Oh, the future has so many exciting things in store. =)

No comments: