Saturday, February 13, 2010

Creaky Stairs & Cuddly Cats

My darling boyfriend Nathan & his roommates Sean & Alex just moved from their gross old apartment into a creaky, history-filled, deliciously scented, old house with my friend & research partner Ian! There are cute little quirks about the house, and it has so much personality. I'm also selfishly excited that I can use their bathroom without feeling like a need to take a shower, and that there is heating & air conditioning. Oh and there's actually a LIVING ROOM! So wonderful.

But the best thing of all?...... CATS! There are two precious, beautiful cats named Butter & Olive that reside with the boys. They are friendly and docile, and love to snoop around in people's rooms. I am so thrilled to get to cuddle with kitties every time I go over to cuddle with Nathan. What a bonus.

And, we're not done yet..... there's also a PUPPY! Sean found a beautiful blue heeler stray, and he has become a new addition to the family. He's a feisty little guy, and has a serious personality. I love playing with him and getting sloppy puppy kisses. Sean decided against a sacrilegious name for the puppy (thank goodness), and he currently goes by "Upton."

I am discovering that playful pets can give a terrible day a little bit of joy. Cats & dogs are therapeutic. Nathan & I already decided that we will be adopting a cat at some point in our lives. Sooner rather than later. =)

No comments: