Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy Week.

It's finally, really, truly FALL, which just happens to be my favorite season. And this has been a seriously wonderful week. I've loved it. Here's a quick recap:
  • Started out the week with an AMAZING yoga class on Sunday evening. Seriously such a healing and challenging work out for me. And I'm still sore (on Thursday... 4 days, for real). 
  • Got to spend Monday evening with my dear Stephanie, making dinner (with our favorites- pasta w/vodka sauce, roasted asparagus, bread, and wine) and watching Jane Eyre. If you haven't read the book, read it. If you haven't seen the new movie featuring Mia Wasikowska, see it. 
  • Tuesday afternoon Nathan & I took the most epic, relaxing, cuddly nap on the couch, and then sat around the house watching 30 Rock (our newest Netflix obsession). 
  • Wednesday we went to an OnStage concert at the Schermerhorn, hosted by the Nashville Symphony! I got two tickets through work, which was a huge score. The musicians told us all about their pieces and the instruments, and it was an intimate setting for appreciating music. Plus, there was free wine & cheese. And, Nathan got to meet some of my co-workers. 
  • After the Symphony, Nathan & I went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants to splurge at, Maggiano's. A nice, relaxing date. 
  • Today (Thursday), I participated in a really fun "flash mob" with my Park Center co-workers and members at the Nashville Farmer's Market food court to raise awareness for Mental Illness & to fight against the stigma of such. It was so great! We got a lot of excitement and response from the crowd, and it was an awesome way to have fun with my coworkers. We passed out flyers about Mental Illness Awareness Week and were even filmed by a local news channel! 
Park Center's development director being interviewed!
  •  AND, my boss let us leave early today... yay! 
  • Tonight, I went to my first ever Zumba class and officially had my butt kicked. Ouch. Seriously, my butt really hurts. 
  • And after Zumba, Nathan & I went to check out some of Nashville's "Artober" events around town. First we stopped by the Edgehill library where Park Center has member's art on display! Then we headed to Hillsboro Village for the Art Walk. It was a really fun night of art and Nashville life. Loved it. 
  • And this weekend is Octoberfest in Germantown, dinner with Stephanie & some other friends, a visit to the Frist Museum of Art with Nathan, and of course Yoga again! 
 I think I'm finally starting to get a hang of how to handle life with this new schedule. And I'm quite liking it. Except that having free time to enjoy somehow seems to usually involve spending money. Oh, rats. Haven't figured that one out yet. Haha.

In other news, my wonderful Mom & Dad come to town in a couple weekends! Yayyyy! I'm excited. =)

    1 comment:

    Mommy Mary said...

    What a fun week you have had!