Sunday, January 9, 2011

A good day.

Today was a good day.

I'm currently sitting at home & reflecting over the things that have made me happy today.

First of all, Nathan.
  • He is, of course, the most handsome man I know.
  • Today we ate lunch with his Uncle Bill & Aunt Amanda, and their two precious little girls, Ellery Cate and Emery Grace, who just happen to be our flower girls for the wedding. =)
    I was reminded of how much I LOVE Nathan's family & how excited I am to be a Dryden.
  • He starts his second semester at Vanderbilt Divinity School tomorrow, and I could not be more proud of him. He is such a talented, intelligent, and passionate man, and I am consistently blown away by the quality of the work he produces and the amount of effort he puts forth. He is definitely, hands down, the most motivated and determined individual I have ever met.
  • Um, hi, have you LOOKED AT HIM?!?
  • Also, he is absolutely the sweetest, kindest, most compassionate man I've ever known.
  • He has a sense of humor enough to put up with me.
  • HE LOVES CATS.
  • 145 days until we're married!
Next of all, my job @ Taco Mamacita:
  • I've been working NONSTOP this week to save up for our honeymoon! (Aruba or St. Lucia? Any advice?!?)
  • I really love my job. The food is awesome, the people are incredible, and the customers are typically really fun. It's the best work environment I've ever known, and I've never been more satisfied to work my butt off (it's a lot easier to work really hard when it's for a company you believe in).
  • Although our owner is 24 and still trying to figure out the whole "owner of a business/manager of a lot of people who have lives and, importantly, human emotions" thing, the managerial staff of Taco Mamacita is seriously awesome.
  • We got sweatshirts as a Christmas gift! Though I would've liked a Christmas bonus, we all know that would never happen, so a sweatshirt will suffice. =)
  • Tonight at work we were SUPER slow because of the snowy forecast, so I just colored and hung out with all of my awesome Taco Mamacita friends.
  • We decided to have a fun "Mamacita night" (ladies of Taco M.) at Burger Up sometime soon.... fun!
  • I had LOTS of fun this weekend with my Taco M friends- two shows (I might be the only person there that isn't a musician) and a going-away party complete with tasty appetizers!
And, of course (you knew I was going to mention it).... my CATS!
  • Fiero & Corduroy got a new scratch-tower for Christmas, and they LOVE it. But, they don't play with it like a normal cat would. Fiero curls around it upside-down & spazzes out.... it's hilarious.
  • Corduroy has recently discovered the joy of jingle-ball toys. It's so entertaining to watch.
  • They meow at me whenever they want something (food, attention, playing, treats, water, petting, etc.), which means there is always the sweet sound of kitties. And their meows are so distinctly different, which is cute.
  • They are SO cuddly all the time, which is particularly fun in the winter because their fur is really thick and cozy. mmmm, kitty cuddling. =)
  • They keep me company & bring me joy!
  • They know Nathan.... tonight Fiero & Corduroy perked their ears up when they heard Nathan's car pulling into the parking lot. They love their daddy!
  • Even when they throw up all over my carpet, I still love 'em..... that's how you know it's true love.
I'll be honest, life is great. And it's a little bit better right now because I'm drinking a Taco Mamacita margarita! (some El Vez mix and my own batch of Sauza + Triple Sec).

School starts on Wednesday, and I'm honestly pretty excited. Have I done anything on my thesis over break? Absolutely not. But surely it'll get done in time for graduation, right?....

Until next time, friends. Stay safe in the snow!

No comments: