Saturday, August 4, 2012

Aqua Fresca.

If you've never had aqua fresca, it is definitely something worth trying. On our wonderful Sewanee day trip, we drank mango aqua fresca with our dinner. And when we got a huge watermelon in our CSA, I knew what I would be doing with it.


For this cucumber-watermelon aqua fresca, I scooped out the fruit & juice of half of a watermelon & placed it in the blender (seeds included... it would be too time consuming to pick out all the seeds). I blended it on high until it was a smooth texture. Then I strained it through a wire strainer to get the liquid separated from the pulp & seeds. Added a bit of water & about 1/2 a cucumber, thinly sliced. Give it about an hour or so for the cucumber to give its flavor to the aqua fresca. Then, enjoy! I don't add extra sugar because the fruit is naturally sweet enough for me, but you could add sugar or, preferably, simple syrup. 

There you have it- the perfect summer drink! (and it's good with some vodka in it, too...)


1 comment:

stephanie said...

Yum! I've gotta try this! Maybe for a pool day soon!?!?