Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A tasty discovery

Now, before I go on to write a blog post about beer, it should be known that Nathan & I are not at all your typical twenty-somethings who love slamming a 6-pack of bud lights. In fact, we don't really drink that much. But we do enjoy good beer and good wine. I'd rather have two glasses of tasty beer than a 6-pack of some cheap domestic.

I usually make an attempt to try a different beer when I buy packs at the grocery store. I like to scope out different breweries, different locations, and different types of beers. To this point, I've realized that I like ambers most, and dislike pilsners.

My most recent finding is a wonderful summer beer: Abita Strawberry Lager.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars. In terms of taste: excellent. It manages to have a lovely strawberry flavor while maintaining its hoppiness. In other words, it still tastes like a beer, not a Mike's Hard Lemonade. The slight sweetness is perfect for having just a couple beers, but probably not if you want to down a 6-pack. But like I said, we tend toward enjoying the taste of a couple good beers versus the alternative.

Anyone looking for a refreshing summer beer, check out Abita's Strawberry Lager. I highly recommend it.

No comments: