Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm back

Well hello again, blogging world. I kind of forgot about you in the midst of my crazy life.

School is back in session. Senior year, phew! It's going to be a seriously rough one. But also a seriously good one, I'm sure. I've got to somehow juggle a full load of hard classes, working at the restaurant, taking care of my kitties (which we all know I spend too much time doing), planning a wedding, working at my internship, and attempting to remain sane. EEK!

I'm honestly very excited about the year, but I know it's going be difficult in many aspects. Nathan & I are going to really have to struggle to find time to spend together. For the first time since we started dating, we don't live within walking distance of each other, and we don't go to the same school. So, it's definitely going to be a struggle, but a worthy one. I love him so much. =)

Right now I'm just stuck on what color bridesmaid's dresses to get! Any suggestions? I'm clueless. I want tan/brown, but that might wash all of my girls out & make them look even paler (we're a pasty bunch). Hopefully some divine inspiration will come my way soon.

In other news, I'm in a Spiritual Formation class that i LOVE right now. My professor is just such a wise, gentle man, and I'm already learning so much from him. I really need this class at this point in my spiritual journey. The book we're reading, Soul Making, is wonderful, and it's completely reassuring me that spiritual struggles are worthwhile and meaningful. So I've decided to be proud of my struggles and search for truth. It's my spiritual journey, and it's my process. It's one of the most important journeys in my life, so it's definitely a good thing to be as intentional about it as I am. And I'm finally proud of myself rather than ashamed.


Whew. Now time to get back to reading some Social Theory..... Weber, here I come!

1 comment:

stephanie said...

I'm so happy you're enjoying Spiritual Formation! SoulMaking was the book that totally changed the way I think of my own spiritual journey.

I'm proud of you, best fran.

Oh, and I'm DYING to know what I'm going to be wearing in your wedding!