Friday, October 26, 2012

Curvy

Yesterday, after teaching a yoga class to some of our  members, one of the women in the class patted me on the hips & commented on my "figure". She essentially was pointing out the curvyness of my hips/butt. At first I was a bit bummed out & wishing someone would instead tell me that I'm small or whatever. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized what a compliment she was giving me. I am a woman, and my womanly shape is perfect because it is mine. Yes, I've got thighs & hips & ass, and no I can't fit into the jeans I wore in high school. But that is okay. Because my body is mine, and it is beautiful.

Curvy:


**These are things I am still trying to convince myself. But being able to write them and not apologize for calling myself beautiful is one step closer to really, fully believing that my body is beautiful.

No comments: