Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!

Hello again, blogging world. So much has happened since we last talked. Sorry I've been away.... life got in the way of my blogging! Funny how that happens.

Thanksgiving was an absolutely fabulous mini-vacation to my parents' home in Lenoir City, TN. I love visiting them in the rolling hills of East Tennessee, where country accents are thick & vegetarian food is impossible to find. I got to see my sweet pooch Tucker, who has suddenly become old. I guess I liked to assume that he stayed the chipper, energetic dog he was when I left home, but it seems that my absence did not stop the clock. He's sluggish and has a grey beard now, but he's still the lovable dog I grew up with.

I was so happy to spend time with my family. I even got to see my wonderful sister for a fleeting moment, before she ran off to enjoy the city. My parents love us to pieces, and spending time with them is always a joy. It's strange visiting them because it isn't technically "home". They moved shortly after I left for college, to a town 15 minutes west of my hometown & into a brand new house. I do miss the house where I grew up, and wish I had more pictures of it. But I love the house my parents built & I'm very happy for them that they got to escape the ever-commercializing town of Farragut. Honestly, even if they had stayed in my hometown, it wouldn't feel like home, as it's hardly recognizable as the town in which I spent my youth.

Well, Thanksgiving was too relaxing and wonderful to spend time worrying about taking pictures.

Then. 
Now.

No comments: