Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter has officialy arrived.

Well, the weather outside is frightful.... and all of my plans for this evening have been officially canceled.

I worked so hard all weekend to finish my Sociological Theory final paper (a whopping 19 pages) in order to be free for my fun plans tonight, all to no avail. I was supposed to dance in a Christmas program, have a chili night at my dance director (if you knew her, you'd understand why this is such a BIG deal), and then have a Taco Mamacita staff party, bringing my darling friend Allison as my date!

BUT, instead, I'm snowed in! I was able to rescue Nathan before the roads got unmanageable, and we got some groceries for the perfect snow-day dinner: Oven pizza (cheese, of course), faux chicken nuggets (vegetarian friendly), and peas. How fun & fifth-grade is that?!

While cooking, I decided to make myself a Christmasy cocktail, and it turned out wonderful. So, I'm going to share it with you:

  • two parts white wine (I used a really cheap one)
  • one part Cranberry Ginger Ale (mmmmm!)
  • a dash of St. Germain (elderflower liqueur, sooo tasty)
And Voila, a tasty Christmasy cocktail to join a very juvenile dinner.

I must say, I am certainly glad that my work for the semester is done. It's been the toughest semester yet, but I dare say that I handled it quite gracefully. I can't even imagine how many pages total I've written to this point..... probably around 100, at least. I'm proud of the work I've done this semester. But I'm SO glad it's done. Only ONE MORE TO GO!!!!

and, by the way: only 172 days till our wedding! =)

No comments: